Proxy configuration – Citrix Receiver
Client-side proxy settings
6 settings are available in the configuration:
- User’s browser setting: Citrix client to detect the Web proxy automatically based on the user’s browser configuration
- Web Proxy Auto Detect: Citrix client to detect the Web proxy automatically using the Web Proxy Auto Discovery (WPAD) protocol
- Client defined: Citrix client to use the settings configured for the client by the user
- SOCKS: Client client to use a SOCKS proxy server, you must enter the address and port number of the proxy server. The proxy address can be an IP address or a DNS name.
- Secure (HTTPS): Citrix client to use a secure proxy server, you must enter the address and port number of the proxy server. The proxy address can be an IP address or a DNS name.
- None: No proxy configured.
Configure Client-side proxy in Citrix Web Interface
It is easy to change the behavior of the Receiver with the GUI:
Changing this value will update the webinterface.conf file: ClientProxy=*,None,-
Configure Client-side proxy in Citrix Storefront
With StoreFront, everything is more difficult. No more GUI to change this setting, you need to open the default.ica file located in your web folder:
<Your website path>\App_Data\default.ica
Default path : C:\inetpub\wwwroot\citrix\<storeName>\App_Data\default.ica
Add a line for ProxyType=<value> in both the “WFClient” and “Application” section in the default.ica file.
Documented here: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX136516
Configure Client-side proxy with the Client
Apply the user registry below by GPO to all your users who are using a proxy.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Citrix\ICA Client\Engine\Lockdown Profiles\All Regions\Lockdown\Network\Proxy]
It will bypass the configuration from the Web Interface or StoreFront.