Citrix has released the version 7.8 of XenDesktop/XenApp, AppDna, Provisioning Services 7.8, License Server 18.104.22.168 VPX and StoreFront 3.5.
Fixed issues in XenDesktop/XenApp 7.8 :
Announcing Store 3.5 Official Citrix blog post: https://www.citrixguru.com/redirect/blog-hF5p5y
Fixed issues in StoreFront 3.5: http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/3-5/about-35/fixed-issues.html#par_richtext_19b2
What’s new ?
The product release includes the following new and enhanced features.
- Updated StoreFront management console
- New administration PowerShell SDK
- Configuration export and import
- Self-service password reset (SSPR)
- Zone-based optimal gateway routing
- Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) powered zone preference
- Background Server Health Check
- TLS 1.2 support
Detailed here: http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/3-5/about-35.html
- Enhanced support for Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)
- Applications node in Studio
- Updated Create Delivery Group wizard and Edit Delivery Group interface
- Improved tag interface in Studio
- Requirements, installation, and configuration updates
- Call Home
- Citrix Insight Services link available from within Director
- VMware SSL thumbprint
- Specifying Deliver Controller addresses in the VDA installer
- App-V and Framehawk installer options
- HDX 3D Pro product edition availability
- KACD .MSI file included in VDA packages
The following new and enhanced HDX technologies features are included in the VDAs:
- Framehawk support for HDX 3D Pro VDI. HDX 3D Pro support for the Framehawk virtual channel is extended from XenApp to XenDesktop VDI. This gives users greater flexibility to view large CAD models while on the move on a corporate or public wireless network, or working from an offshore location over a high latency connection. For more information on Framehawk, see Framehawk virtual channel.
- Framehawk server scalability improvements. Over 40% average reduction in memory footprint. Up to 20% increase in CPU efficiency.
- Framehawk touch scrolling improvements. Over 50% improvement in bandwidth efficiency when scrolling via touch input. Significantly increased frame rate resulting in a smoother user experience.
- GPU acceleration for DirectX windowed applications on Windows 10 VDAs. This release adds support for GPU acceleration for DirectX 10, 11 and 12 windowed applications on Windows 10 VDAs.
- Thinwire Build to lossless enhancements. The Build to lossless visual quality for Thinwire has been updated to sharpen fuzzy imagery at a faster rate than delivered in XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 FP3, and to improve lossy or lossless frame detection. For the main Thinwire article, see Thinwire Compatibility Mode.
- Reduced VDA memory footprint in Thinwire. The graphics encoder processing pipeline now eliminates the use of an intermediate frame buffer when running Thinwire without video codec compression.
- Clientname passthrough in double-hop sessions. Applications can use the updated WFAPI SDK to query the client endpoint name and pass this information from any Citrix Receiver to published desktops (XenApp/XenDesktop) and through to a XenApp application (a “double-hop”). This clientname awareness in the XenApp session means that users can seamlessly roam from location to location, and the “double-hop” application will be notified of the change in clientname without having to disconnect or reconnect the session. For more information on how to write conforming applications, see the WFAPI SDK documentation or defer to your application SI/ISV.
- Session recording support from a Desktop OS VDA. Record on-screen activity of a user session hosted from a Desktop OS VDA over any type of connection, subject to corporate policy and regulatory compliance.
- Record sessions on remote PC. Support for recording sessions in Remote PC Access.
- Delivery Group rules.
- Keyword filtering during rule configuration.
- Special handling for unsupported graphics modes.
- Windows 10 support.
- Thinwire Compatibility Mode support.
You can find the detailed list here : http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/7-8/whats-new.html
- Support for Hyper-V Generation II virtual machines
- Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) enhancements
- Numerous fixes to customer-reported and internally identified issues
Detailed here: http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/provisioning/7-8/whats-new.html
- App-V sequencing solution
- Citrix Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP)
- Patch impact analysis solution
- Virtualization solution
- Application attribute forms
- Application life cycle
Note: You must use the most recent version of the Citrix License server to get the latest features.